Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Welcome to the Farm

I spent the majority of this past weekend in my hometown with my family.  My brother took on the project of building a house for his family.  And when I say he's building a house, he is literally building a house, from the ground up, with the help of family and a number of family friends.  It's all amazing to think about how many people care so much about my brother and his family that they are donating their time and expertise to help him build this house that his kids will grow up in, knowing that their dad put everything into this house for well over a year. I got to help with some staining mainly.  The house is coming together beautifully - and to think it used to be just a wheat field.

I didn't take my camera with me on Saturday, but I did snap a few pictures on Sunday.  There's something therapeutic about going back to the farm and seeing miles and miles of pasture and crops and hay bales.  It's just so peaceful - no steady hum of traffic, no city lights for the stars to compete with - just the sound of the wind rustling through the grass and wheat field.








1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful! It really does look peaceful out there :)

    ReplyDelete