Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday

1) It's almost Friday!! Yay! I always love when it gets close to Fridays :)

2) I'm sad I haven't had much time to blog this week.  I have some pretty good {or at least I hope you think so} ideas for coming blogs, so I'll get to work on those so I can share them!

3) Tonight is my first ever time to see The Lion King as a live performance!! They've come to Tulsa several times that I can remember, but this is the first time I'm actually going! So excited!!

4) I love Jeans Weeks.  My company uses jeans stickers as fundraisers for events happening in the community.  This week, the money went towards Relay for Life.  I enjoy contributing to a good cause, and especially love getting to wear jeans all week to work!

5) I started doing the P90x workout with J this week.  I'm still alive, so that's a good thing :)  I've been considerably more sore doing this than my usual Jillian Michaels workouts....J tells me that its a good thing to be sore from working out.....I'm saying the verdict is still out ;)

6) I made some pineapple whip last night - and it was yummy.  The ingredients couldn't be simpler (frozen pineapple chunks, almond milk, and optional honey), and the recipe couldn't be easier to make (toss them all in the blender or food processor and viola!).  My only recommendation is to beware of using a food processor since mine leaked a little bit of the almond milk.  I think I'll try the blender next time.  Either way - I highly recommend this dessert! It's so perfect for summer :)

SONY DSC
You can find the recipe here

7) J has been watching Game of Thrones as well as reading the books.  He's entirely caught up on the show and wanted to start from the beginning again.  After wanting to watch the first episode all this week, we finally got to sit down last night and watch it.  I might just jump on the bandwagon yet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the middle of the second Game of Thrones book right now and I'm loving the series! One of my friends sent me a list of which chapters from the book were in each episode of the tv show so I was able to read a portion and safely watch the show without spoilers. Let me know if you want the list, I'd be happy to share it with you! :) It only really works with season 1 because seasons 2 and 3 mix things up so much, but it helped speed up my reading. By the way, that Pineapple Whip looks AMAZING!! I totally want to make it this weekend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete