Sunday, June 16, 2013

Holbox Vacation - the last part

It was bittersweet to start thinking about heading home.  We'd had such a good time all week, but there were definitely things about home that I missed:

- Showers - the shower was at least fresh water and not salty, but the water pressure left a lot to be desired.  The temperatures were very fickle - it took what felt like 10 minutes for the water to get hot, and then it was too hot, and took about 5 minutes to cool back down to a reasonable temperature.  And then the water pressure....a shower took double the time than normal, and you still didn't feel like you'd washed and rinsed off all 5 layers of sunscreen, 3 layers of bug spray, the saltwater residue, and the sand.

- Bug levels - yes, there can be a lot of bugs here in Oklahoma, but NOTHING like the ones we had down in Mexico.  Hence the 3+ layers of bug spray, and it was usually more on the plus side.  The bugs even got so fierce that they were going for our eye lids because they didn't have bug spray on them!

- Consistent air conditioning - We at least had an air unit that we could turn on at night, but it took quite a while for it to cool down to a temperature that was comfortable enough to sleep with.

- Addie and Amelia - the two dogs on the hotel property made me miss my two sweet puppies....so I'm glad to be back home :)

I know that I've shared several pictures with you, but I've saved a few of my favorites for this last post - some of the pictures that capture some of my favorite things about my vacation.


We loved the hammocks so much, that we bought one while in Mexico.  Can't wait to try it out!!


The clouds here are real - there's no way I could have made those up.  It was a breathtaking sight and the light reflected off the clouds was illuminating the island.


The sunsets were so peaceful.  The ones in Oklahoma are beautiful at times, but I'd never seen any as beautiful as here.


The sand at Holbox Island was full of shells and we saw several little things in the sand, so I decided to make one too :)


Our last sunset on the island.....again, so peaceful.


Me & J waiting for the taxi before we left.  I think I finally got the hang of taking pictures backwards with my dSLR :)

You can read more about our Holbox Vacation here:



Holbox Vacation Part III

Holbox Vacation Part IV


No comments:

Post a Comment