Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Welcome!!

Happy May day!!

I'm glad you've found Tickmarks and Tailwags!!!  As you can see, this is my first ever blog!  I've been toying around with the idea of a blog for a while now, and think I've finally found the time to start one.  I'm not promising it will be good, but maybe one of these days it will get there.  Just be patient with me :)

I chose today for my first post for a few reasons:
1) It's the first day of May.  I like to start things in conjunction with other things that are starting - maybe that's the auditor/accountant part of me. (I'll explain more about that later.)
2) While I was researching different blogs and ideas for topics and layouts, I came across a "Blog everyday in May" challenge from Jenni at Story of My Life.  The topics seem like good practice to get the writing started and tell you a little about me in the process.
3) I just added number 3 to have a nice number for my list :)

Day 1: 250 words about me

I was born in a small town in Northeastern Oklahoma to two wonderful parents who met in high school in our small town, but weren't high school sweethearts.  I grew up with a younger brother and we spent our childhood playing at my grandparents' farm where my dad worked.  Yes, that included playing on farm equipment and gravel piles and barns with dirt floors, making mud pies. :)  I learned to drive on the weekends driving the feed truck (a manual - mind you) and feeding cows with my dad, who calls those times "Whiplash Driving School".  Through my parents and grandparents, I learned the value of a hard day's work.  I've always been thankful for my country roots, but even more so now that I'm out on my own.  I graduated from the University of Tulsa and am a Golden Hurricane through and through! GO TU!!! I spent some time in public accounting (hence the "Tickmarks" in the title) and am now in Internal Audit.  My two dogs, Addie and Amelia (adorable, right?) bring so much joy into my life and I can't imagine my life without them (i.e. the  "Tailwags").  I have also found the love of my life, who is so many things to me that they won't fit in 250 words here :)  I believe that life is more enjoyable being surrounded with good friends and family, and I attribute so much of who I've become to the people that I love most.

6 comments:

  1. hi! i found your blog through jenni @ story of my life. i loved reading your sweet story, and i love that your parents knew each other in high school :) so cute. i want to see a picture of your dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meghan! I posted some pictures of them late last night :) (And I have plenty more to post in the future!) Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. I just finished reading both of your posts, and I can tell I am going to enjoy your writing so I'm going to follow! I spent the last 10 years in Joplin (for school) so we're kind-of around the same neck of the woods. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your childhood at your grandparents' farm sounds incredible!! I bet you have so many great memories! I have family in Owasso and used to go to a lake in northeastern Oklahoma with them, but I don't remember the name haha. I'm excited that you started a blog and I can't wait to keep reading! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! We did a lot of lake visits too :) I hope you enjoy more of my posts! I'm really liking this new hobby haha!

      Delete