Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8 - My two cents

Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves.

So many times it's easy to get overwhelmed by the big things.  I like to take a step back, make a list of all the  things that make up said big thing, and mark them off my list.  There's something satisfying by crossing something off of a list and watching your progress.  I have a marker board at work that I use for a running list of things on my plate, and when I'm finished I'll erase it from the board.  Somehow, that doesn't give me the same satisfaction as crossing something off a piece of paper.  But I digress.....  Really, in the end, everything is just made up of little things.  Just deal with the little things one at a time, and life is more manageable.


Find the list of topics here.

Yay! I've been blogging for a week now!  And I've kept up with the daily challenge - woohoo! :) 



4 comments:

  1. Such great advice and an important reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having the running tally just makes you feel good because you can see all you've accomplished instead of just seeing what's ahead. An author once said how they added things that they'd already completed to their list just to have that awesome feeling when they crossed it off!

    And great advice by the way. The little things definitely make up the big picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tossing the paper once the list is all crossed off!! The author was right on!

      Delete