Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Favorite Quote

"For a long time, it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.  But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.  Then life would begin.  At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."  ~Alfred D. Souza



I found this quote after I finished my MBA and while I was studying for the CPA exam (or had just started studying for the exam - that's a long story).  I was lonely, scared of the future, and waiting for my life to happen around me instead of making it happen.  What I came to realize is that life happens everyday.  It's easy to get caught up in this or that and lose sight of the bigger picture.  It's a good exercise to sit down and just breathe and think about the things beyond the laundry or the dirty dishes in the sink or that looming project at work.  Enjoy life :)

4 comments:

  1. Great quote. Such a true idea. Sometimes I worry about what the "next step" is, too, along my way to whatever my "life" is going to be about. But it is the journey that makes it great! I am learning that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what a journey it is at times! Hope you're doing well Melody!

      Delete
  2. You are right about having to make it happen, but you have not done so bad... an MBA! It is a really good quote and one to keep coming back to from time to time. Have a great day. Rachel.

    ReplyDelete